Commercial and contract law is relevant to the sale of goods and services, the sale of property, the exchange of money, employment contracts, and more.
These issues are governed by common law rules along with statutes that regulate commercial business transactions. Business lawyers look to case laws and statutes when resolving disputes involving warranties, the sale of goods, negotiable instruments, bulk sales, investments, secured transactions, bank deposits, letters of credit, warehouse receipts and the lease of goods.
The overview of commercial law or business law entails:
Breach of Contract
- What Is a Contract?
- Who Has the Capacity to Contract?
- What Is a Breach of Contract?
- Statutory Damages for Breach of Contract
- Contract Good Faith and Fair Dealing
- The Time Limit for Filing a Breach of Contract Lawsuit
Business and Commercial Law
- Business Management Structure
- Starting a Business
- Buying or Selling a Business
- Contract Terms and Negotiations
- What Are Business Disputes?
- What Is Employment Good Faith and Fair Dealing?
- What Is Arbitration or Mediation?
- Arbitration or Mediation Clauses in Employment Contracts
- What Is Consumer Credit?
- How Do I Qualify for Credit?
- Credit Reports Explained
- What Can I Do to Improve My Credit Rating?
- Negotiating and Drafting Contracts
- What’s an Adhesion Contract?
- What Is an Invitation to Treat?
- Unconscionable Contracts
- Drafting a Sale of Goods Contract
- Business Contracts
Covenants Not to Compete
- What Is a Covenant not to Compete?
- Covenants not to Compete in Franchise Agreements
- Protecting Trade Secrets with Non-Compete Covenants
- Are Covenants not to Compete Enforceable?
- What Makes a Covenant not to Compete Enforceable?
- Negotiating an Employment Contract
- Items Usually Addressed in an Employment Contract
- Common Clauses in Employment Contracts
Franchises and Franchising
- Types of Franchises
- Franchise Contracts
- The Franchise Agreement
- Liability of Franchises and Their Owners
- What Is a Warranty?
- Implied Warranties
- Implied Warranty of Merchantability with Automobiles
- Implied Warranty in Real Estate
- What are Consumer Warranty Rights?
- Disclaiming Warranties
- General Warranty Deeds in Real Estate
Should I Seek Legal Advice?
The links and information above are provided only as general information concerning commercial law and contracts. This area of law is very complicated, packed full of complex legal terms, not to mention the fact that there are different rules for different types of contracts. Therefore, it is important to talk to our experience business lawyers to evaluate your case and help you achieve the best result possible.
Finally, as Kenya’s E-lawyers Online and Business Specialists, our aim is to facilitate resolution of legal and business problems in record-short time. We have introduced online legal and business services so that you may enjoy the ease of these services via our online platform without necessarily visiting a brick-and-mortar law office or business consultancy firm – or pay a consultation fee. You may learn more by clicking this link, Legal and Business Templates.