Request For Your Legal And
BANK STATEMENT TEMPLATES
One of the most common types of financial documents we come in contact with is a bank statement template. This is a document that comes from financial institutions, and it’s connected to your account. It’s important to learn all you can about banks statements, how to use them, when to use them, and even how to spot a fake bank statement.
What is a bank statement?
By definition, a bank statement is a summary of transactions which are financial in nature and which have occurred over a period of time. You can get a free bank statement template from your bank or other types of financial institutions. The transactions which appear on the statement include deposits, withdrawals, debit, and credit.
Usually, financial institutions send these through the mail which is why they usually come in the form of written documents. Although we can now receive e-statements via email, a lot of people still prefer paper bank statement templates so they can keep these in their files and refer to them as needed.
Since bank statements come from financial institutions directly, you won’t see a lot of editable bank statements unless you’re planning to create one for your own institution.
Purpose of a bank statement
One major purpose of bank statements is to provide you with information about how much funds remain in your account. They also contain specific amounts which you have paid or received within a given period. It’s your account, so you have the right to know all of these details. The document can be very helpful to make yourself aware of your financial status. It will also allow you to plan your expenses accordingly.
After you’ve confirmed the balance in your account through a bank statement template, you can issue checks as payment for things you purchase. Through this simple document, you will also learn about different types of bank schemes. This is because banks typically utilize bank statements to advertise their plans, products, and financial schemes. Sometimes, you can even use the document as your proof of address.
A bank statement is very important. That’s why you have to be careful when you receive one, and you should make sure that it’s not a fake bank statement.
The benefits of a bank statement template
Filing all of your bank statements is essential, especially if you want to have a good idea of your financial status. Aside from this, the document comes with a lot of benefits which is why you shouldn’t just throw them away. Consider these benefits:
- You can use the bank statement template to apply for different kinds of loans. Just ask for the statements from your bank, and they will provide the documents to attach to your loan application.
- Use the template to monitor your monthly transactions. If you want, you can use this editable bank statement template for your own personal use to list all of your transactions. Then when the real bank statement comes, you can compare it with the template you’ve edited.
- If you see encounter any problems with your finances, you can use the statements to trace all of your transaction information. If you find any discrepancies, you can use the document as your evidence for legal claims.
- It serves as a proof of all your transactions for the month. This is especially helpful for business owners as they can use it when they’re making financial decisions.
- Schools and other organizations can also use the bank statements to prove whether or not their students have made their payments.
Features of a bank statement template
Banks and other financial institutions issue bank statements to their account holders. These are important documents which will provide the account holder with all of the information about his/her account. Here are the important features of a bank statement template:
- Typically, banks generate this document monthly and issue it to all of their account holders.
- It shows all of the monthly activity in the account including deposits, withdrawals, service charges, earned interests, and penalties if any.
- Bank statements also provide you with your starting balance, ending balance, the date of the statement, completed transactions, details of the customer, and other information about the bank.
- The document will provide you with a summary of all the transactions which have happened within the month or a specific time period.
One great thing about bank statements is that it ensures accountability along with the transparency of the financial institution. It works for both the account holder and the institution that issues it.
How to make a bank statement?
As aforementioned, you cannot make your own bank statement template and pass it off as an official document. You can download a fake bank statement for your own personal use to compare with the one issued by your bank. What you can do is download a copy of your original bank statement. You can get this directly from your bank.
Bank statement templates come from banks, and they’re created using a lot of time and effort. A team of designers goes through a tedious process to create the template and make a meaningful layout which everybody will understand. It should convey all of the financial information for the account holder.
Nobody should create a fake bank statement for the purpose of passing it off as an official document. This is an illegal act, and you can get into a lot of trouble for it. If you need to see your bank statement then just request for it from the bank, and they will print one out for you.
How to use a bank statement template?
When you’re trying to reconcile the information on your account against the records of the bank, you should go through your bank statements to see if there are any discrepancies. If you find any discrepancies, report these to the bank right away. You can give them a call, but it would be better to write a formal letter to explain your situation.
Banks and other financial institutions issue bank statement templates to their account holders which show all of the details of the transactions in the account. It provides you with information about the financial activity which occurred in your account within a month or a specific period of time. Usually, banks send these statements to their customers monthly on a given date. Also, the transactions on the statement appear chronologically.
Nowadays, some banks have gone paperless which means that they send electronic statements to their customers via email. For some banks, they give you the option to choose whether you want to receive the printed document or you want to receive your statement through your email.
The electronic statement or e-statement allows you to see your bank statement online. You can download it, save it on your computer, and print it out is necessary. There are also some ATMs available which offer you the chance to print out a summary of your bank statement known as your transaction history.
Although you may have your bank statements sent to your email directly, a lot of people still prefer to receive the printed document from the bank. This is because you can file all the monthly statements you receive to keep track of your financial history.
You can also use them to learn about your spending habits and watch out for any errors or discrepancies. If you happen to find any errors or discrepancies, you must report them to the bank right away. Typically, you have up to 60 days to dispute such errors to the bank.
Requesting for a bank statement
Anyone who has an account in a bank has the right to request for a bank statement. Even if it’s not the time when banks usually release the statements, you can request for one if you need to. Banks have a statutory obligation to provide this information whenever one of their clients request for it. But how do you request for the statement from the bank?
The simplest way to do this is to submit an application which provides all of the necessary details including your name, account number, and the time period for which you need the statement. Banks would provide a copy of the bank statement free of charge. But if you need more copies or other printouts, the bank may charge you for them.
Reconciling your bank statements
One of the main reasons for requesting a bank statement is to reconcile the information you have with that of the bank. Sometimes, you might find discrepancies which means that the information doesn’t tally and there are several reasons why this might happen. For instance, your bank might have credited an interest amount or debited charges from your account.
To reconcile the information, place them side by side with each other. If you spot any differences, highlight them. Then compose a letter about your discovery and send it to your bank along with the copy of your bank statement and your own records.
Here’s what else you can expect from our legal and business services,
We can help you to:
- Organize and structure all departments of your business;
- Be more efficient by smoothing business processes;
- Guide your team tasks with standard operating procedures;
- Save a lot of time and boost your productivity;
- Save thousands of money in lawyer fees;
- Grow your business and close great deals; and
- On matters: Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitration and Court Litigation.
It’s time to bring your life and business to another level. Start to optimize and streamline your life and business today. Get all the professional-grade personal and business templates you need to plan, start, organize, manage, finance, and grow your life and business; one click away in the below links!
FREE DOWNLOADABLE PERSONAL TEMPLATES
For our ONLINE legal and business services, please follow this instruction:
- click the following website link, www.raynessanalytica.com.
- once on the website’s homepage, an ONLINE brown chat box will appear at the right bottom end of screen;
- click on the chat tab, insert NAME, EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER; and
- proceed when ready, letting us know the issue(s) and eliciting HELP from our lawyers and business specialists.
P.S. Sometimes all that’s needed is a form, document or tip that can solve problems or issues that repeat in your life or business. To save you from unnecessary legal costs by hiring lawyer(s), here are customizable smart templates/forms that you can use as often as you need; flexible enough to allow for changes without leaving you exposed. Click the following link, FREE CUSTOMISABLE LEGAL TEMPLATES to search for the desired template, download it and embark on your great legal adventure – and don’t forget to bring the bug spray. For each template, we have numerous different customizable documents.
Go to the "Order Now" page and make a request.
We look forward to addressing your concerns and earning your trust and confidence in us!
🦁 RNA (Legal and Business Consultants) | KUBWA & CO. ADVOCATES ⚖️
Someday everyone will be doing it Our Way. We're doing it Now!
The Centre in [East] Africa for Legal and Business Élites
🇰🇪 Kenya's E-Lawyers and Business Specialists 🇰🇪