What is a Door Hanger Used for?
In addition to their use in lodging and similar facilities, there are other ways to use door hangers, such as:
- Do Not Disturb home related door hangers – like Baby Sleeping, Children Napping, Grandma/Grandpa Napping, Keep Out, Clean Your Room and other domestic wording
- Door to Door Marketing Campaigns (offering help with selling products and services)
- Direct to door advertising (for individuals and businesses)
- (landscapers, plumbers, window washers, house cleaners, child/adult caregivers, maintenance/handyman services, new medical/dental practices, tutoring services, etc.)
- Real estate services
- Announcing special events, promotions or grand openings
- Reminders of holiday or special day events (examples: flower shop, candy store, or restaurant reminding customers and potential customers of special Mother’s Day specials or coupon offerings)
- Sample offerings, new store or business openings, store closeouts, public auctions, community meetings, political rallies, parades, fundraising events, sports galas, town hall meetings, etc.
- Notifying a customer about a return date and time notification for a service call for
- (Electric, gas, internet, water, sanitation, telephone and other services)
- Occupied door hangers for areas of a home (bedrooms, bathrooms, other private spaces)
Door Hanger Template 03
Door Hanger Template 04
Door Hanger Template 05
Door Hanger Template 06
Door Hanger Template 07
Door Hanger Template 08
Door Hanger Template 09
Door Hanger Template 10
Door Hanger Template 11
Door Hanger Template 12
Door Hanger Template 13
Door Hanger Template 14
Door Hanger Template 15
Door Hanger Template 16
Door Hanger Template 17
Door Hanger Template 18
Door Hanger Template 19
Door Hanger Template 20
Door Hanger Template 21
Door Hanger Template 22
Door Hanger Template 23
Door Hanger Template 24
Door Hanger Template 25
Door Hanger Template 26
Door Hanger Template 27
Door Hanger Template 28
Door Hanger Template 29
Door Hanger Template 30
Door Hanger Template 31
Door Hanger Template 32
Door Hanger Template 33
Door Hanger Template 34
Door Hanger Template 35
Door Hanger Template 36
Door Hanger Template 37
Door Hanger Template 38
Door Hanger Template 39
Door Hanger Template 41
Door Hanger Template 42
Door Hanger Template 01
Door Hanger Template 02
How to Make a Custom Door Hanger
There are a number of ways to make a custom door hanger template. Several online websites offer free door hanger downloads, which are blank and ready for printing while others, like online printing companies, offer free templates and instructions for downloading and printing. Simply do a search under free door hanger templates and a number of results should come up for use and direct printing.
Other free templates appear on different craft design website pages, and the user can right click on the pattern, copy, and transfer it by opening a document in Word or another graphic program and pasting the pattern from the clipboard. To size the template to appropriate door hanger dimensions, drag one of the corners to fill the page to the right template proportions, say 3-1/2 inches by 7 inches. Once complete, print and cut the pattern and use it on a selected paper.
If you happen to have other software programs, door hanger templates can also be custom made through them. Adobe PageMaker, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe PhotoShop, MacroMedia FreeHand and CorelDraw are all usable for the creation of door hanger templates.
For example, CorelDraw offers free door hanger template for CorelDraw users. Regular, non perforated blank templates are available in 3.5 x 8.5 inches , 4 x 11 inches and 5.25 x 8.5 inches. Perforated door hanger templates come in 4 x 11 inches and 5.25 x 8.5 inches. You simply open the template for the size you want in CorelDraw and make any changes or adjustments you want to the template.
Quark XPress is an option for MAC users and has templates to use for door hangers. Simply
- Go to the File menu and choose New Document
- Enter the page size – Custom
- Enter the dimensions
- large hanger (4.5 width by 11.25 inches in height)
- Small hanger (3.75 width by 8.75 inches in height)
- Click OK
- Create a rectangular shaped box.
- Make a Rectangular Picture box to the page
- Use Show Measurements tool found under View menu
- Make sure the box is the correct size and that the origin is at: X:0 and Y:0
- View Menu to be sure that the box is the right size
- Under the File menu, select Get Picture
- Choose the template downloaded for the size wanted
- Click Open
- After following the layout instructions, there should be a screen image of the template that contains the necessary trim and cutouts as well as edge outlining
- As you work on the template, do no move or change the basics in the template
- If the template has layers, keep the original template on a separate or locked layer
- Place any artwork away from any trim or cutout area, and if there are decorative elements that go to the edge of the hanger, they should not go beyond any area that would be trimmed.
Make Door Hanger in Word/Publisher
Another option is to create a door hanger template for Word.( Microsoft Publisher offers similar template choices and directions.) Microsoft Word provides directions. You can open a template for a door hanger and edit it in relationship to its business name, graphics, content, wording and any other embellishments. Then, save the file for future use, and print the door hangers when you are ready. The door hanger template for Word directions include:
- Open a Microsoft Word document
- Go to the Template area
- Find a door hanger template
- Open the template
- An 8-1/2 x 11 inch page size should accommodate 3 door hanger templates
- Go to the Layouts tab (to set up the grid lines that mark off each door click view Gridlines on the left of the toolbar
- Edit the door hanger as to the way you want it to appear
- Type in what you want to appear on the door hanger
- Change the lettering (font) to the size, color and style appropriate for the hanger
- Leave the top area of the hanger black (this is the part of the door hanger that has the circle or the slashes for attaching to the door knob
- If you want images, clip art or other designs on the door hanger, select Insert
- Save the door hanger to a document
- Print the door hanger(s) and cut them apart for current or future use
Once you have found a template program to use and have gone through the template preparation process, whether done strictly by hand or through a copied template, think about the paper medium you want to use before you go to the final printing and cutting out phase. You want to make sure that the material you decide on is sturdy and durable as well as compatible with a copier, inkjet or laser printer. If not, you may have to place the pattern/template over the material selected and cut it by hand, or have it cut professionally. There are many different selections, such as:
- Cardstock (in sturdy and varying thicknesses)
- Cardboard (in varying thicknesses)
- Semi-gloss paper (in sturdy and varying thicknesses)
- Synthetic paper/polyester
- Fusible fabrics
- Synthetic wood
Here’s what else you can expect from our legal and business services,
We can help you to:
- Organize and structure all departments of your business;
- Be more efficient by smoothing business processes;
- Guide your team tasks with standard operating procedures;
- Save a lot of time and boost your productivity;
- Save thousands of money in lawyer fees;
- Grow your business and close great deals; and
- On matters: Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitration and Court Litigation.
It’s time to bring your business to another level. Start to optimize and streamline your business today. Get all the professional-grade business templates you need to plan, start, organize, manage, finance, and grow your business; one click away in the links below!
FREE DOWNLOADABLE ARTS AND MEDIA TEMPLATES
For our ONLINE legal and business services, please follow this instruction:
- click the following website link, www.raynessanalytica.com.
- once on the website’s homepage, an ONLINE brown chat box will appear at the right bottom end of screen;
- click on the chat tab, insert NAME, EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER; and
- proceed when ready, letting us know the issue(s) and eliciting HELP from our lawyers and business specialists.
P.S. Sometimes all that’s needed is a form, document or tip that can solve problems or issues that repeat in your life or business. To save you from unnecessary legal costs by hiring lawyer(s), here are customizable smart templates/forms that you can use as often as you need; flexible enough to allow for changes without leaving you exposed. Click the following link, FREE CUSTOMISABLE LEGAL TEMPLATES to search for the desired template, download it and embark on your great legal adventure – and don’t forget to bring the bug spray. For each template, we have numerous different customizable documents.
Go to the “Order Now” page and make a request.
We look forward to addressing your concerns and earning your trust and confidence in us!
Someday everyone will be doing it Our Way. We’re doing it Now!
The Centre in [East] Africa for Legal and Business Élites
Kenya’s E-Lawyers and Business Specialists