Types of goal charts
All of us have our own goals in life but for some reason, we tend to lose track of them over time. But with a goal chart as your guide, you can gain the capability to clarify the goals that you set for your career, relationships, health, and more.
A goal sheet includes boxes that you will fill with your goals and the steps to achieve them. You can create a goal chart template for the following:
- Weight Loss
Make this if you want to shed those extra pounds to become healthier and feel more confident. For this, you will need a chart with table columns that contain the dates, your current weight, the weight you have lost between the last date you weighed yourself and the most recent date, and your total weight loss.
This chart involves different goals that your sales personnel should achieve if you’re in the business of sales. You would also note down your employees’ status of achievement. This type of chart will help you keep track of your employees’ progress.
- Personal Goals
You can use this chart to keep track of your goals on a more personal level like for instance if you want to buy something that you have longed for a while. For motivation, you can paste a photo of the object you want to buy then write down a date when you want to purchase it. Then you can start saving money.
- Weekly Goal Tracker
This chart would include goals that you need to accomplish every day for an entire week. A great way for you to keep track of these goals and accomplish them is by keeping yourself updated and aware.
- Stages of Life
Here, you write down the goals that you set for each stage of your life. The goal can be about finances, education, wellness, travel, family, and so on.
goal chart template 24
goal chart template 25
goal chart template 26
goal chart template 27
goal chart template 28
goal chart template 29
goal chart template 30
goal chart template 31
goal chart template 32
goal chart template 33
goal chart template 34
goal chart template 35
goal chart template 36
goal chart template 37
goal chart template 38
goal chart template 39
goal chart template 01
goal chart template 02
goal chart template 03
goal chart template 04
goal chart template 05
goal chart template 06
goal chart template 07
goal chart template 08
goal chart template 09
goal chart template 10
goal chart template 11
goal chart template 12
goal chart template 13
goal chart template 14
goal chart template 15
goal chart template 16
goal chart template 17
goal chart template 18
goal chart template 19
goal chart template 20
goal chart template 21
goal chart template 22
goal chart template 23
What do you write in a goal sheet?
You need to create a goal list first before you begin working on your goal chart. Start by making the decision on what your main long-term goal is. From there, you can create sub-goals that represent important milestones towards your major goal. In an ideal situation, these sub-goals must also include measurable outcomes and deadlines.
After you have written down your sub-goals, the next part involves defining your objectives. These are the things you must accomplish to reach each of your sub-goals. They must come with short-term deadlines that you can accomplish with precise steps.
How to make a goal chart
Consider using a thermometer goal chart if you would like to keep track of a certain goal with the achievements made within a set time frame. This is the most common type of goal chart template and is typically used when you want to compare a target value and an actual value. Follow these steps to make this goal chart in Excel:
- Prepare your data
As with most projects, the first step when creating a thermometer goal sheet printable is data collection. It is also essential to express your target percentage in percent. To get the archived percentage, you have to divide the total amount by the target amount then multiply the amount by 100.
- Create a stacked column chart
The next step is to make a simple chart using the chart data that you have just prepared. To do this, you just have to make a stacked column chart in Excel. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Select the Target and Archived
- Click on the Insert Tab.
- Click on the Insert Column or Bar Chart You can find this in the chart group
- From the drop-down menu, click on the 2D Clustered Column
After these steps, you will have a graph that looks like the top part of a thermometer.
- Switch the columns or rows
You can do this by right-clicking on the goal graph then click on Select Data.
- Select the data
- Click on the Switch Row/Column from the select window that pops up then click on OK.
- The next thing to do is to format the 2nd column. To do this, you must right-click on the column then choose format data series.
- Select the Secondary Axis from the dialog box. This helps you ensure that both bars align with each other.
- Now, you will have 2 vertical axes – the right axis and the left axis. These two vertical axes possess different values. You need to format the axis on the left. To do this, you must first right-click on it then choose Format Axis.
- Format Axis
Next, you must change the maximum value to 1, and the minimum value to 0. You should do this manually even though the values are already there. Next, you need to delete the right axis. You can do this by selecting it then pressing Delete.
At this point, you will only have 1 visible chart and you need to format it. To do this, right-click on the chart then choose Format Data Series. After that, follow these steps:
- For the Fill, choose No Fill.
- For the Border, choose Solid Line.
- Make sure that the color of the border is the same as the actual value bar. You should also delete the grid lines, title, both the horizontal and vertical axes, and the legend. At the same time, you must resize the graph manually to look like a thermometer graph. After changing the size, the thermometer graph should look like an actual thermometer.
- Now, you must format the left-axis. Right-click on the left axis then choose Format Axis. In the window that pops-up, choose Inside as the Major Tick Mark Type.
- The next step is to choose the chart outline. To do this, right-click on the chart then choose the Chart Area. A task panel will appear where you should choose the following:
- For the Fill, choose No Fill.
- For the Border, choose No Line.
- To make your thermometer graph, you must add a circle at the bottom of the graph. To do this, click on the Insert tab, then insert a circle from the drop-down menu. The circle must have the same color as the graph itself.
How do you create a goal tracker?
If you are very driven towards a goal, then you may want to use a goal tracker to help you out. When talking about goals, people usually have more than one. The more you have goals, the more you will be needing a goal tracker or goal chart template to keep track of them.
You can create your own personal or money goal chart or tracker by following these steps:
- Decide where you will place it
This step is relatively easy as you will only make the decision on where your goal chart or tracker will stay. Do you prefer using notebooks or apps? Do you want to use a Google Sheets document? Before making this decision, remember that you have to:
- Use the tracker often.
- Make changes to it often.
- Keep it close by all the time.
- Write your goal down
This is the next step in the creation of your tracker. Your goal should be very brief. It’s best to express it using a single sentence.
- Think about your why
After you have written down your goal, the next step is to think about your why. This is the reason why you want to achieve this goal. Is the reason really that important to you? Will the goal make you feel better about your future? The “why” serves as your reminder starting from the beginning to help you clear your thoughts.More importantly, it is there to help you in times when you feel stuck, unmotivated, or lost. There will always be a point in your life when your progress will be negatively affected. When this happens, you can look at your goal tracker again. This will remind you during these dips why the goal was so important in the first place and why you should keep going.
- Add significant notes
You must reserve the next section of your tracker for any notes you may have. Anything you have to remember or point out. It is a space where you can write any thoughts regarding your goal. Make sure that there is a note section for each of the goals that you have in your tracker.
- Think about keeping track of your progress
This is the last step in establishing your tracker. You need to come up with a progress report section in your tracker. This part will look a bit different and it may vary depending on the goal you have set. Basically, you use it for recording the completed steps that you have taken to reach your goal.
Here’s what else you can expect from our legal and business services,
We can help you to:
- Organize and structure all departments of your business;
- Be more efficient by smoothing business processes;
- Guide your team tasks with standard operating procedures;
- Save a lot of time and boost your productivity;
- Save thousands of money in lawyer fees;
- Grow your business and close great deals; and
- On matters: Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitration and Court Litigation.
It’s time to bring your life and business to another level. Start to optimize and streamline your life and business today. Get all the professional-grade personal and business templates you need to plan, start, organize, manage, finance, and grow your life and business; one click away in the below links!
FREE DOWNLOADABLE PERSONAL TEMPLATES
For our ONLINE legal and business services, please follow this instruction:
- click the following website link, www.raynessanalytica.com.
- once on the website’s homepage, an ONLINE brown chat box will appear at the right bottom end of screen;
- click on the chat tab, insert NAME, EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER; and
- proceed when ready, letting us know the issue(s) and eliciting HELP from our lawyers and business specialists.
P.S. Sometimes all that’s needed is a form, document or tip that can solve problems or issues that repeat in your life or business. To save you from unnecessary legal costs by hiring lawyer(s), here are customizable smart templates/forms that you can use as often as you need; flexible enough to allow for changes without leaving you exposed. Click the following link, FREE CUSTOMISABLE LEGAL TEMPLATES to search for the desired template, download it and embark on your great legal adventure – and don’t forget to bring the bug spray. For each template, we have numerous different customizable documents.
Go to the “Order Now” page and make a request.
We look forward to addressing your concerns and earning your trust and confidence in us!
Someday everyone will be doing it Our Way. We’re doing it Now!
The Centre in [East] Africa for Legal and Business Élites
🇰🇪 Kenya’s E-Lawyers and Business Specialists 🇰🇪