If you don’t know how to come up with an appropriate two week notice letter, you don’t need to worry about this. This site appreciates that this is a possibility and we offer you with sample two week notice letters and the two week notice templates to make your work to be an easy and exemplary one. We will help you come up with the best formal resignation letter that will see to it that you leave your current job after elaborately explaining yourself. The section which follow contain points that you need to take note of while coming up with a two week notice templates or the resignation letter if you like.
Before you embark on coming up with a two week notice letter you need to put into consideration the following main issues that are involved in the resignation process;
- The purpose of the resignation letter
- The reason/s why you express your regrets
- The appropriate two week notice period for your company. You need to confirm what your company policy, terms and conditions say about this.
- The handing over process as well as the transferring of your responsibilities
- More resignation tips
Things that have to be included in a two weeks notice letter;
- First of all you should state that you have decided that you ought to leave or resign. You need to make sure that you soften your statement as much as possible and try as much as possible to keep your emotions in check.
- You also need to declare in your letter the formal notice period with respects to what your company says about this time frame
- One has to also include some positive statements/words about the valuable experience they have gotten from the working time with the company
- You also need to express your desires to transfer your job responsibilities in an appropriate manner
- You need to express how grateful you are to your employer especially as far as gaining some professional experience is concerned
Two weeks notice 23
Two weeks notice 24
Two weeks notice 25
Two weeks notice 26
Two weeks notice 27
Two weeks notice 28
Two weeks notice 29
Two weeks notice 30
Two weeks notice 31
Two weeks notice 32
Two weeks notice 33
Two weeks notice 34
Two weeks notice 35
Two weeks notice 36
Two weeks notice 37
Two weeks notice 38
Two weeks notice 39
Two weeks notice 40
Two weeks notice 01
Two weeks notice 02
Two weeks notice 03
Two weeks notice 04
Two weeks notice 05
Two weeks notice 06
Two weeks notice 07
Two weeks notice 08
Two weeks notice 09
Two weeks notice 10
Two weeks notice 11
Two weeks notice 12
Two weeks notice 13
Two weeks notice 14
Two weeks notice 15
Two weeks notice 16
Two weeks notice 17
Two weeks notice 18
Two weeks notice 19
Two weeks notice 20.
Two weeks notice 21
Two weeks notice 22
How to Write a Two Weeks Notice
This section will enable you to acquire the skills that are needed for one to write a polite yet resolute resignation letter or if you like a two week notice letter.
The following are what you need to say and how you should say it:
- Make sure that you write clear and concise statements. In the first few lines of your letter you need to make it clear that you are resigning from your position at work by the end of a two week period. Your statements need to be affirmative and there should be no sign that you wish to return to your position or stay any longer in the company.
- As implied by the name of the letter you need to give your employer at least a two-week period before you quit your job. Although this is not the case for many current scenarios of job resignation it would be professionally courteous to do this. You should also remember that if you decide to quit after offering a less than two months resignation notice you will leave your future employers wondering whether the same will happen to them. In the case where your company you work for is experiencing an unusual buzz of activities it will also be professionally polite to offer them some more time before you quit your job. If you are a senior employee or someone who is in the top management you need to offer more time before you quit to ensure that the stability of the company or its operations are not being heavily affected by your sudden absence.
- In most cases avoid stating the reasons why you are quitting. This is mostly applicable for those scenarios that are volatile in nature. In case you are asked to give your reasons you can then proceed to highlight some of them. You should also be prepared to answer you colleagues or supervisors if they enquire why you have decided to quit.
- Try to be formal and friendly while writing your letter. Though you need to maintain a professional tone while writing your formal resignation letter, you need to include some warm words or phrases for many not to consider you as having a stiff and cold attitude towards the company. But if you have been communicating with your employer using a professional tone you should maintain this while writing the letter but if you have a more personal relationship you could adopt a more friendly tone. But even as you try to be friendly make sure that you maintain a sense of formality in the two weeks notice letter.
- A positive tone should be set in your letter. Since this will be the last document between you and the company you need to make sure that nothing but a good impression about you is left in the company. This should apply to all scenarios even if you are have been deeply hurt or done wrong by the company or someone in it. This will help you in your future endeavors as an enquiry about you will turn out to be mostly likely positive from your former employer. See to it that you don’t talk ill about anyone in the company in your two week notice letter.
- You need to thank your employer. You need to make sure that you thank your employer in a line or two as they have provided you with a platform that has helped to build you professionally and even helped you to be considered in other opportunities that might have arose. You should be grateful even if your experience in the company has mostly had negative experiences.
- You should also mention that you are willing to finish any major projects. This will show that you are willing to see to it that the company is stable even as you plan to leave. You should consider helping out in any major project that requires your presence or assistance especially the ones that you played a central role in making sure that they come to fruition at some point in future. But should note that those ongoing projects that are minor in nature can be handled by some other people and hence you can be excluded from these. By mentioning that you are willing to help the company despite your quit notice, an impressive impression will be left on your employer and this means that you might land a good recommendation letter from them.
- Don’t forget to offer your post-resignation support. Since your resignation will have an effect on the flow of work you should offer your support in making sure that the transition period is a bit smooth for your employer during the two week notice period. You can even provide your phone number or e-mail address just in case your employer may want to get to you concerning a problem in the position that you held in the company.
- Your formal resignation letter should be closed on a complimentary note. This ought to be in your letter even if you have done this in the earlier sections of your letter. This is a good way to end the body of your two week notice letter.
The format of the Resignation letter:
- Remember that you need to write a letter and not an e-mail. This should influence how you write your letter, it should be typed and printed to reflect a formal letter. You should make sure that the letter has been handed in-person to your boss. Writing an e-mail is easy and it also quite fast but it is mostly considered to be less professional and most people won’t appreciate it. It also good to avoid sending the letter via the postal services or by use of the company’s mailing system as this might lead to unnecessary delays
- The date should be typed in the upper left corner. This should be according to the standard required of a formal letter that is month-day-year format. You should spell the month but the date and the year should be in numerals. It is good to note that you do not need to include a return address as this is will be the same as the employer’s address. You might opt for the option of using the company’s letterhead with the address on it.
- You can consider including an inside address. In case you are using the company’s letterhead, you can choose to skip the recipient’s address since it is a letter that involves just a single institution. But including the address will help to address your boss directly as directed by your letter. This involves including your employer’s title together with his/her full names on the first line of the letter. The street address come after the first line and the city as well as the zip code come in the line after this. Remember to skip a line between the date and the inside address. You should also remember to skip a line between the inside address and the salutation. The address needs to be single spaced.
- You should address your employer directly while doing the salutation. Address a specific person since you have been a member of the company. One should avoid using vague salutations. You can use the casual way of addressing your boss using their first name or you could adopt the professional approach of using the last name.
- Proceed to write the body of your two week notice letter. A line should be skipped after the salutation. Each paragraph in the body needs to be single-spaced and the paragraphs should be separated with a single line. You need to keep your letter length to less than a page if possible
- Remember to use a warm closing. This will enable you to maintain a friendly and positive tone that is quite sincere and it should not be similar to the usual closing remarks. For instance you can say ‘best wishes for you continued success.’
- Remember to type and sign your name. You name should be in full names, your sign should be between the closing remark and the typed full name.
Writing a formal resignation letter should not offer you much trouble with the help offered by this site. You can check out the sample two week notice letters to see how the guidelines have been applied. If you find it hard to write one you can use our two week notice templates, they are quite helpful and convenient.
Here’s what else you can expect from our legal and business services,
We can help you to:
- Organize and structure all departments of your business;
- Be more efficient by smoothing business processes;
- Guide your team tasks with standard operating procedures;
- Save a lot of time and boost your productivity;
- Save thousands of money in lawyer fees;
- Grow your business and close great deals; and
- On matters: Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitration and Court Litigation.
It’s time to bring your business to another level. Start to optimize and streamline your business today. Get all the professional-grade business templates you need to plan, start, organize, manage, finance, and grow your business; one click away in the below links!
For our ONLINE legal and business services, please follow this instruction:
- click the following website link, www.raynessanalytica.com.
- once on the website’s homepage, an ONLINE brown chat box will appear at the right bottom end of screen;
- click on the chat tab, insert NAME, EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER; and
- proceed when ready, letting us know the issue(s) and eliciting HELP from our lawyers and business specialists.
P.S. Sometimes all that’s needed is a form, document or tip that can solve problems or issues that repeat in your life or business. To save you from unnecessary legal costs by hiring lawyer(s), here are customizable smart templates/forms that you can use as often as you need; flexible enough to allow for changes without leaving you exposed. Click the following link, FREE CUSTOMISABLE LEGAL TEMPLATES to search for the desired template, download it and embark on your great legal adventure – and don’t forget to bring the bug spray. For each template, we have numerous different customizable documents.
Go to the “Order Now” page and make a request.
We look forward to addressing your concerns and earning your trust and confidence in us!
Someday everyone will be doing it Our Way. We’re doing it Now!
The Centre in [East] Africa for Legal and Business Élites
🇰🇪 Kenya’s E-Lawyers and Business Specialists 🇰🇪