Scholarship certificate template defined
A certificate of scholarship is a document written by an individual or an institution and addressed to a student informing them that they were selected for a scholarship that they had applied for to help them continue with their education. Printable scholarship certificates make it easy for you to convey to the students that they have earned it.
Contents of a scholarship award template
Because printable scholarship certificates are issued to students and not to the institution the student is attending, its details must be clear and precise so that once the student presents it to the institution, it will be an acceptable document.
- Full name of the person awarded
- The college or organization they were in when they won the scholarship
- Date when the certificate was given
- The kind of scholarship –
- Why the student received it
- Name of the scholarship
- The awarding individual or institution
scholarship certificate 30
scholarship certificate 31
scholarship certificate 32
scholarship certificate 33
scholarship certificate 39
scholarship certificate 38
scholarship certificate 37
scholarship certificate 36
scholarship certificate 35
scholarship certificate 40
scholarship certificate 34
scholarship certificate 41
scholarship certificate 42
scholarship certificate 01
scholarship certificate 02
scholarship certificate 03
scholarship certificate 09
scholarship certificate 08
scholarship certificate 07
scholarship certificate 06
scholarship certificate 05
scholarship certificate 04
scholarship certificate 10
scholarship certificate 11
scholarship certificate 12
scholarship certificate 13
scholarship certificate 14
scholarship certificate 15
scholarship certificate 21
scholarship certificate 20
scholarship certificate 19
scholarship certificate 18
scholarship certificate 17
scholarship certificate 16
scholarship certificate 22
scholarship certificate 23
scholarship certificate 24
scholarship certificate 25
scholarship certificate 26
scholarship certificate 27
Applying for a scholarship? – Tips you need to know
Scholarships are different and each requires you to follow the set rules of application and have the right qualification. Some scholarships are for higher education, others for pursuing a hobby, certificates, or diplomas. You must have the right academic papers to qualify for any of the scholarships.
- Check your certificates: You must be academically qualified for the scholarship you are applying for.
- Confirm details: Confirm and understand every detail of the scholarship, they can help you win.
- Do not cheat: do not indicate you have a degree when you have a diploma. Apply for opportunities you qualify for.
- Keep applying: as long as you are a student, never give up applying as many times as possible.
- Avoid lateness; if a scholarship indicates 7th November 8 pm, do not submit at 9 pm.
- Be keen on time zones: a scholarship application indicating 1 pm in New York time would mean 10 am California time.
What to include in your scholarship application letter?
In the scholarship letter, introduce yourself as the right candidate to the institution or individual who advertised for the scholarship. Be keen to attach every document the issuing body asked for. Follow the format below:
- Write the date of application
- Include your name and address
- Institution/individual you are writing to and their address
- The institution you are currently in
- The body of the letter – In the body, state the scholarship you are applying for and the reasons for applying (pursuing diploma, certificate, college degree, art, etc.). State what you intend to achieve and mention your experience, what activities you are involved in your school, community, or place of worship, and the lessons learned from them.
- Format your letter, sign and include your name at the bottom.
- Attach a cover letter
- Submit your letter electronically or print and send if the requirements allow
How to write a cover letter?
A cover letter is written to a potential issuing institution confirming your interest in the advertised scholarship and give details of your qualifications. It acts as an encouragement to the person reading your application to go on reading and maybe finally issue you a scholarship certificate template. It contains the following details.
- Date of the letter
- Your name and address
- The issuing body and address
- Reference heading
- Main body; in the body, start with greetings, describe the scholarship you are applying for, why you are applying and what you expect. Discuss briefly your qualifications and close by indicating you have attached the application letter for the scholarship.
- Sign and include your name, print and attach it on the front page of your application, not at the back or in the middle. If you are applying online, let it be your first attachment.
Difference between scholarships and fellowships
Scholarships are grants given to students after an excellent performance encouraging them to do better. It is money based and is issued by individuals, institutions of learning, government, or any other profit or nonprofit based institution. The money is nonrefundable and can be used to cater for tuition, books, projects, or any other expenses incurred by the student.
Fellowships are grants given to students for research on a certain subject after going through the qualifying exam. They may cover various subjects like science, medicine, finance, among others. The student may not receive the grant directly, but it could be given to benefit the academic institution, though the student may benefit from access to the library. It is usually given to those perusing degrees and above for research purposes.
Sourcing for scholarships
With the current technological trends, you will be able to track your scholarship opportunities online and apply online too.
- Search out online: Dedicate time for online search
- Register with agents: There are free or paid online agents who post scholarship opportunities daily
- Team up with other students: Join your like-minded fellow students and communicate whenever chances present themselves
- Befriend your teachers, lecturers, counselors, and chancellors: They will remember you when chances open
The different types of scholarships
As an organization, there might be a misconceived belief that scholarships award certificate are only for high performing students. Yes, many could be issued along that line, but there are many other types of scholarships that you can make available.
For students, as long as you have a talent or desire that you want to pursue, it is likely that you will get someone to give you a scholarship award certificate if you are diligent in your search.
As the dynamics of life keep changing, different types of scholarships get created to fit the need of the beneficiaries. If you keep searching online, you will likely find a scholarship that suits you. Below, let us look into the different types of scholarships, starting with the most common.
- Academic scholarships
Academic scholarships target high performing learners in both academics and extracurricular activities. The recipients must prove their high performance by providing documents such as results slips, certificates of good performance, exam papers, awards, among others.
Mostly, academic scholarships attract high financing and may cater to full tuition fees, admission fees, dorm fees, travel, among others. Academic scholarships can be used as a reference during job applications.
- Gender-based scholarships
Gender-based scholarships specifically favor women. They were created after studies showed that the male child enjoyed more chances of receiving higher education than their female counterparts.
They cater to most needs of the female student while in college and could be extended to the student’s post-college life and assist them in joining the business world, innovation, and politics. They favor sciences more than the arts. Gender-based scholarships are mostly issued by government entities, women organizations, financial institutions, and female schools.
- Minority scholarships
Minority scholarships target minority groups who are considered disadvantaged in certain aspects of life including financial, political, demographics, and population numbers. In the USA, minority groups include African Americans, American Indians, Alaska natives, Hispanics, and pacific islanders.
In the faith category, Jews are considered a minority group. Sources of funds for minority scholarships mostly come from corporations, universities, and the federal government, and mostly cover the areas of medicine, engineering, and mathematics.
- Athletic scholarships
Athletic scholarships target students who are talented in sports and are willing to pursue their special talent. The student must show talent and good academic performance including discipline. Usually, the students are nominated by their teachers/couches after noticing their unique performance in games.
They are mostly issued by colleges looking for the best talent on their campuses. The nominees can have the advantage of free education and post-college life.
- Scholarships for community service
They target students who do well in community service and are exceptional in public work. They may originate from colleges, community service groups, political organizations, or individual politicians and the federal work programs. They come in small portions which can be significant to students.
- Average performers scholarships
They target students who are not good performers academically but portray good performance in other areas like leadership and sports. If they show exceptional performance in other areas like community work and be well-disciplined, they could be considered for average students’ scholarships
- Creative arts scholarships
They target students who display good performance in creative fields like arts, music, and drama. They are mostly issued by the colleges although sometimes the public and private groups do issue them.
Creative arts scholarships are competitive and students applying for them need to prove their capability for earning a scholarship award certificate by showing relevant certificates, awards, videos, or audios. They attract scholarships in small amounts though, at times, students may enjoy full scholarships.
- Unusual scholarships
These are scholarships that are not necessarily aimed at education but could be aimed at achieving the personal goals of the issuing party. It can be a soft drink company aiming at promoting its goods. They use colleges as platforms for launching their product campaigns. In most cases, they do not target individual students but look for masses. The scholarship benefits everyone who participated in the program.
Here’s what else you can expect from our legal and business services,
We can help you to:
- Organize and structure all departments of your business;
- Be more efficient by smoothing business processes;
- Guide your team tasks with standard operating procedures;
- Save a lot of time and boost your productivity;
- Save thousands of money in lawyer fees;
- Grow your business and close great deals; and
- On matters: Negotiation, Mediation, Arbitration and Court Litigation.
It’s time to bring your life and business to another level. Start to optimize and streamline your life and business today. Get all the professional-grade personal and business templates you need to plan, start, organize, manage, finance, and grow your life and business; one click away in the below links!
FREE DOWNLOADABLE PERSONAL TEMPLATES
For our ONLINE legal and business services, please follow this instruction:
- click the following website link, www.raynessanalytica.com.
- once on the website’s homepage, an ONLINE brown chat box will appear at the right bottom end of screen;
- click on the chat tab, insert NAME, EMAIL and PHONE NUMBER; and
- proceed when ready, letting us know the issue(s) and eliciting HELP from our lawyers and business specialists.
P.S. Sometimes all that’s needed is a form, document or tip that can solve problems or issues that repeat in your life or business. To save you from unnecessary legal costs by hiring lawyer(s), here are customizable smart templates/forms that you can use as often as you need; flexible enough to allow for changes without leaving you exposed. Click the following link, FREE CUSTOMISABLE LEGAL TEMPLATES to search for the desired template, download it and embark on your great legal adventure – and don’t forget to bring the bug spray. For each template, we have numerous different customizable documents.
Go to the “Order Now” page and make a request.
We look forward to addressing your concerns and earning your trust and confidence in us!
Someday everyone will be doing it Our Way. We’re doing it Now!
The Centre in [East] Africa for Legal and Business Élites
🇰🇪 Kenya’s E-Lawyers and Business Specialists 🇰🇪